Learn more. Her priests have profaned the sanctuary. [1458] You see the treacherous guest, and //clement/the instructor paedagogus/chapter viii on the use of.htm, Dealers (16 Occurrences) Psalms 25:3 Also let none waiting on Thee be ashamed, Let the treacherous dealers without cause be ashamed. (WEB ASV DBY YLT NAS), Proverbs 22:12The eyes of Jehovah preserve 'him that hath' knowledge; But he overthroweth the words of the treacherous man. | GotQuestions.org, Why does God allow the innocent to suffer? You know what it looks like but what is it called? treacherous in American English (tretrs) adjective 1. characterized by faithlessness or readiness to betray trust; traitorous 2. deceptive, untrustworthy, or unreliable 3. unstable or insecure, as footing 4. dangerous; hazardous a treacherous climb SYNONYMS 1. unfaithful, faithless, treasonous. Treacherous means either not trusted or dangerous. (WEB ASV YLT NAS RSV), Proverbs 11:6The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them; But the treacherous shall be taken in their own iniquity. 31 Have ye a mind that I again make what I am saying plain to you by an instance, by setting before you the portraits of a treacherous and a guileless man? 1. below. not true in one's allegiance to someone or something, Post more words for treacherous to Facebook, Share more words for treacherous on Twitter, Before we went to her house, Hannah told us her aunt was a. This ultra-marathoner is finding out. treacherously adv treacherousness n (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS NIV), 898. bagad -- to act or deal treacherously, Heavenly Contemplation Assisted by Sensible Objects, and Guarded, But the Inhabitants of this City Having Determined to Continue in. First recorded in 130050; Middle English, Dictionary.com Unabridged (hava koullar) ok tehlikeli, gvenilmez, hain, Test your vocabulary with our fun image quizzes, Clear explanations of natural written and spoken English. Watch your back! STANDS4 LLC, 2023. A tortuous colon, also known as a redundant colon, is an abnormally long colon that cannot fit inside the body without twisting or looping. adjective characterized by elegance or beauty of form, manner, movement, or speech; elegant: a graceful dancer; a graceful reply. Selah. when thou shalt cease to spoil, thou shalt be spoiled; and when thou shalt make an end to deal treacherously, they shall deal treacherously with thee. /s/spoiler.htm - 11k, Acts 20:3And having spent three months there, a treacherous plot against him having been set on foot by the Jews, as he was going to sail to Syria, the resolution was adopted of returning through Macedonia. Characterized by treachery; traitorous; disloyal; perfidious. How is the word treacherous different from other adjectives like it? honest honorable in principles . /j/judas.htm - 45k, Leanness (4 Occurrences) the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously. //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/94.htm - 7k, 4604. maal -- an unfaithful or treacherous act 4603, 4604. maal. large bowel or large intestine). If you tell everyone in school your best friend's carefully guarded secret, you've behaved treacherously. She said,' I just have Mami and Papi.'. In both cases, a secret has been betrayed. The distinction between the two is clear (now). Her family was asking for resources. "You will all agree," said he, "that our chief danger consists in the sly and, Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the, "To proceed, then: Don Fernando finding my presence an obstacle to the execution of his, Our talk had been serious and sober, But our thoughts they were palsied and sere -- Our memories were, I was not unprepared for jagged rocks and, We both had to smile at the use of my royal title, yet I was indeed still "Emperor of Pellucidar," and some day I meant to rebuild what the vile act of the, This event has annoyed and alarmed my master very seriously; and to make matters worse, on the day when the girl's, And there are justifiable strandings in fogs, on uncharted seas, on dangerous shores, through. This will be their derision in the land of Egypt. Example: "The treacherous spy was disguised as a servant to get close to and kill the . /t/treacherously.htm - 19k, Judas (42 Occurrences) 1. (See NAS), Proverbs 21:18The wicked is a ransom for the righteous; the treacherous for the upright. false stresses the fact of failing to be true in any manner ranging from fickleness to cold treachery. . (WEY NIV). Go up, Elam; attack! /hebrew/4604.htm - 6k, 7796b. I'm telling you this not only as a Border Patrol agent, but as one who spent his entire 23-year career in Arizona. Find similar words to treacherous using the buttons remiyyah -- deceit, treachery Word Origin from ramah Definition deceit, treachery NASB Word Usage deceit (4), deceitful (4), treacherous (1), what is deceitful (1). The President spoke of the treacherous intentions of the enemy. Dictionary entry overview: What does treacherous mean? (ASV DBY YLT NAS), Proverbs 2:22But the wicked will be cut off from the land. 'pa pdd chac-sb tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25' : 'hdn'">, Example from the Hansard archive. Violating allegiance of faith pledged; faithless; traitorous to the state or sovereign; perfidious in private life; betraying a trust. And inasmuch as he who had lately fled before //the life of constantine/chapter xv treacherous friendship and idolatrous.htm, Heavenly Contemplation Assisted by Sensible Objects, and Guarded CHAPTER XV. Favour not any treacherous dealers of iniquity. because of bad weather conditions: Freezing rain made driving treacherous. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples They were turned aside like a deceitful bow. Extreme weather is something that is predicted, whereas a treacherous weather event is unpredictable, full of surprises. These examples are from corpora and from sources on the web. unstable or insecure, as footing. It refuseth to be healed. A man may be treacherous to his country, or treacherous to his friend, by violating his engagements or his faith . The distinction between the two is clear (now). All Rights Reserved. And her treacherous sister Judah //christianbookshelf.org/smith/jeremiah/1 his earliest oracles ii.htm, How Eurycles Falsely Accused Herod's Sons; and How their Father your endeavors, as you have promised, to receive us into your fortress." Treachery. Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/treachery. You three have done quite enough today: all of you and your feckless, treacherous god. /hebrew/7423a.htm - 5k, Treacherous Friendship, and Idolatrous Practices of Licinius. This shows grade level based on the word's complexity. 1 : not able to be trusted a treacherous ally/enemy : showing that someone cannot be trusted a treacherous act of betrayal treacherous misdeeds 2 : very dangerous and difficult to deal with sailing through treacherous waters They were not prepared to hike over such treacherous terrain. Delivered to your inbox! All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Chapter XV. Treacherous can also mean that someone is untrustworthy and may be involved with betrayal. A treacherous friend will betray you. (ASV DBY YLT NAS RSV), Proverbs 12:5The purposes of upright men are right, but the designs of evil-doers are deceit. While in some cases nearly identical to treacherous, faithless applies to any failure to keep a promise or pledge or any breach of allegiance or loyalty. Favour not any treacherous dealers of iniquity. You know what it looks like but what is it called? Don't be surprised if none of them want the spotl One goose, two geese. Soviet forces slowed Nazi advances, however, by laying vast and treacherous minefields. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS), Isaiah 24:16From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs. What does treacherous mean in the Bible? Send us feedback. presenting hidden or unpredictable dangers. Zora Neale Hurston, "Their Eyes Were Watching God". Delivered to your inbox! (n.) The disciple who betrayed Christ. Treacherous. Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/treacherous. The fascinating story behind many people's favori Can you handle the (barometric) pressure? When you act treacherously, you betray someone. 2. 25. 35,000 worksheets, games,and lesson plans, Spanish-English dictionary,translator, and learning. A: Treacherous means that something is very dangerous and unpredictable. When can disloyal be used instead of treacherous? The treacherous man deals treacherously, and the destroyer destroys. You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary in Use from Cambridge.Learn the words you need to communicate with confidence. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content. Characterized by unforeseen or hidden hazards; dangerous or deceptive. I have stopped all of Media's sighing. Wiktionary Synonyms: unreliable punic perfidious wily snaky unscrupulous treasonous traitorous insidious dishonest unsafe hairy precarious tricky hazardous Antonyms: and Example: "Many explorers have fallen to their deaths crossing the treacherous ravine.". (an act of) betraying someone; disloyalty. ous tre-ch-rs trech-rs Synonyms of treacherous 1 a : likely to betray trust : unreliable a treacherous memory b : providing insecure footing or support treacherous quicksand c : marked by hidden dangers, hazards, or perils 2 : characterized by or manifesting treachery : perfidious treacherously adverb (YLT), Ecclesiastes 9:12Even man has no knowledge of his time; like fishes taken in an evil net, or like birds taken by deceit, are the sons of men taken in an evil time when it comes suddenly on them. It's dangerous to walk alone in the woods at night. Selah. Dan 9:7. I want to receive exclusive email updates from YourDictionary. Watch your back! Web. To save this word, you'll need to log in. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS), Jeremiah 9:2Oh that I had in the wilderness a lodging place of wayfaring men; that I might leave my people, and go from them! I saw, when, for this very cause that backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a bill of divorce, yet treacherous Judah, her /b/backsliding.htm - 12k, Spoiler (11 Occurrences) (KJV JPS WBS). ma'al- treacherous act; trespass; unfaithful. deceptive, untrustworthy, or unreliable. It can also refer to being disloyal to your native country, but the word treason is more common in this sense. The snow made their hike all the more treacherous. Tools. One moose, two moose. Faithless; perfidious; guilty of deserting or betraying. What does treacherous mean in slang? (Root in WEB JPS ASV DBY YLT NAS RSV NIV), Psalms 59:5And Thou, Jehovah, God of Hosts, God of Israel, Awake to inspect all the nations. A treacherous road might be icy or otherwise likely to cause a car accident. 1. betraying or likely to betray. Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web! //homily xv ephesians iv 31.htm, Who is the Rich Man that Shall be Saved? to act or deal treacherously. One moose, two moose. And imagine doing that with a three-year-old, i have a two-year-old and a five-year-old at home and the first family I met had a three-year-old girl who just looked around and had no understanding of what was happening. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book. Definition of treacherous as in traitorous not true in one's allegiance to someone or something a treacherous "friend," she's been known to turn against people in the blink of an eye Synonyms & Similar Words Relevance traitorous disloyal perfidious unreliable fickle faithless false unfaithful inconstant untrustworthy recreant irresponsible untrue Perfidious adds to faithless the implication of an incapacity for fidelity or reliability. Click on the arrows to change the translation direction. (ASV YLT NAS), Proverbs 23:28Yea, she lieth in wait as a robber, And increaseth the treacherous among men. After this writing was produced, Herod had no doubt about the treacherous designs of //josephus/the antiquities of the jews/chapter 10 how eurycles falsely.htm, Ephesians iv. But I said, "I pine away! Treacherous; betraying. Delivered to your inbox! Part of Speech: Adjective Transliteration: dolios Phonetic Spelling: (dol'-ee-os) Short Definition: treacherous, deceitful Definition: treacherous //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/1386.htm - 6k, 4273. prodotes -- a betrayer Word Origin from prodidomi Definition a betrayer NASB Word Usage betrayers (1), traitor (1), treacherous (1). stealthily treacherous or deceitful: an insidious enemy. in Yakima that offered exactly the opportunity. Treacherous meaning. Jonathan Swift. Don't be surprised if none of them want the spotl One goose, two geese. woe is me!" 2 deceitful. traicionero treacherously adverb traicioneramente treacherousness noun cualidad de traicionero treachery noun (an act of) betraying someone; disloyalty. Characterized by unforeseen or hidden hazards; dangerous or deceptive. 2. for they are all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men. Selah. Thus, inferences about the theoretical meaning of correlations both observed and not observed in structurally heterogeneous samples may be equally, We must face these rapids openly for a better control of the, All art in the novel, including this phase of charitable art, is tainted by its association with, They are thus more likely than micro-enterprises to survive the, In particular, it would be foolhardy here to plunge into the, Winters are long, mountain passes can prove, But there has to be a health-warning: watch where you tread; this is, Secondly, when the emperor rules inappropriately and, As a result of nationalisation, they have had to navigate even more perilous and, I am sure that you are familiar with the phrase "parcel of rogues"to which we now add the phrase", The bay is attractive to yachtsmen, canoeists, fishermen, swimmers and divers, but it contains some. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Jeremiah 3:7I said after she had done all these things, She will return to me; but she didn't return: and her treacherous sister Judah saw it. Treacherous thatched-roof-haired drag-queen Linda Tripp, with those dress-for-success shoulder pads? To save this word, you'll need to log in. Share Improve this answer Follow answered Nov 20, 2021 at 11:32 Megha 115 3 Desire in rapture gazd awhile,And saw the treachrous goddess smile. Treacherous waters; treacherous footing. Are your language skills up to the task of telling the difference? (DBY), Hosea 7:16They return, but not to the Most High. (a.) treacherous adjective (NOT LOYAL) (of a person) guilty of deceiving someone who trusts you: He was treacherous, or at least sneaky. Treachery refers to harmful acts you might do to someone who trusts you. treacherous implies readiness to betray trust or confidence. This often causes constipation and other gastrointestinal problems because digested food takes longer to travel through the colon (a.k.a. Where would false be a reasonable alternative to treacherous? Big scary Transformer-like robots with heads ablaze that frighten the kids back across the treacherous desert? OTHER WORDS FOR graceful limber, lithe, lissome. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS), Jeremiah 3:8I saw, when, for this very cause that backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a bill of divorce, yet treacherous Judah, her sister, didn't fear; but she also went and played the prostitute. (ii. was furious that she revealed his secret and never forgave her for the, The new show is set to pick up in the aftermath of the defeat of Spartacus' rebel army, and tell a new story of, The last act alone came with crushing disappointment, ultimate elation and, in between flashes of, Not only that, Sonnys the national coach of the year for his, In this era when art movies are expected to be ideological, the point is to justify and sentimentalize social, Talya has been present for many damning events for the Hightowers at the Red Keep, including Prince Aegon's rape of a servant named Dyana and Alicent's subsequent cover-up of Aegon's, The pathway is mined with danger: a scorpions sting, a snakes bit, a smugglers, Maybe Halbrand kills Meteor Man in front of the Eminem priests, revealing his, When Hamza learns German from a lieutenant who recognizes him as a kindred spirit, their closeness elicits suspicions of, Post the Definition of treachery to Facebook, Share the Definition of treachery on Twitter, Before we went to her house, Hannah told us her aunt was a. There was a pool at the Y.M.C.A. a treacherous person/act. 2023. Pernigotti said that only those who regularly climb in the Alps can appreciate how warmer weather has made the mountains more treacherous. He bad the lion to be remittedUnto his seat, and those same treacherous vileBe punishd for their presumptuous guile. treachery definition: 1. behaviour that deceives or is not loyal to someone who trusts you: 2. behavior that deceives or. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. The fascinating story behind many people's favori Can you handle the (barometric) pressure? Intellectually she is quite sound, but has a treacherous memory, and is very nervous. | GotQuestions.org, Who was Judas Iscariot? His treachery led to the capture and imprisonment of his friend. CCCXXXIX. Treacherously comes from the adjective treacherous, with its Old French root word, trechier, "to cheat or trick.". See Treachery. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English treacherous /tretrs/ adjective 1 someone who is treacherous cannot be trusted because they are not loyal and secretly intend to harm you a sly and treacherous woman a treacherous plot to overthrow the leader 2 ground, roads, weather conditions etc that are treacherous are particularly treacherous adjective (NOT LOYAL) (of a person) guilty of deceiving someone who trusts you: He was treacherous, or at least sneaky. Heavy rain is causing hazardous driving conditions. Nglish: Translation of treacherous for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of treacherous for Arabic Speakers. What does Insiduous mean? The incident highlighted the treacherous news landscape where both reporters and policymakers now tread, one in which even protecting children can be weaponized by extremists. (Root in WEB JPS ASV DBY YLT NAS RSV), Psalms 119:158I beheld the treacherous, and was grieved, Because they observe not thy word. The synonyms traitorous and treacherous are sometimes interchangeable, but traitorous implies either actual treason or a serious betrayal of trust. (See RSV). It is defined as assembly, compilation, enlisting, regrouping (of ideas, things, people, spirits. ISV. So, when you meet them, they seem healthy and enticing, but it is a trap and one that could cost you your sanity or life. ra -- bad, evil 1), harmful (3), man (1), miserable (1), misfortune* (1), sad (4), selfish* (1), serious (1), severe (2), sore (2), threats* (1), treacherous (1), trouble* (1 /hebrew/7451a.htm - 6k, 4820. mirmah -- deceit, treachery treachery NASB Word Usage deceit (21), deceitful (6), deceitfully (2), deception (2), deceptive (1), dishonest (1), false (3), treacherous (1), treachery (2). How Climate Change Is Making the Alps More Dangerous, NASAs OSIRIS-REx survived its risky mission to grab a piece of an asteroid, The So-Called Immigration Border Crisis Is Neither, How Mexicos Cartels Are Behind the Border Kid Crisis. 1 Mar. Treacherous means either not trusted or dangerous. /f/faithless.htm - 20k, Treachery (18 Occurrences) And I say, 'Leanness 'is' to me, Leanness 'is' to me, wo 'is' to me.' 'Hiemal,' 'brumation,' & other rare wintry words. Edward Rose, the interpreter, whose sinister looks we have already mentioned, was denounced by this secret informer as a designing, She said, she could not help agreeing with her brother, that there was some merit in the sincerity of her confession, and in her integrity to her lover: that she had always thought her a very good girl, and doubted not but she had been seduced by some rascal, who had been infinitely more to blame than herself, and very probably had prevailed with her by a promise of marriage, or some other. To Act Well of Greater Consequence than to Speak Well. (WEB ASV YLT NAS RSV), Proverbs 11:3The integrity of the upright shall guide them, but the perverseness of the treacherous shall destroy them. Like a traitor; involving treachery; violating allegiance or faith pledged; traitorous to the state or sovereign; perfidious in private life; betraying a trust; faithless. Here are nine patterns . Middle English trecherie, from Anglo-French, from trecher, tricher to deceive, from Vulgar Latin *triccare more at trick entry 1, 13th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1. When I had given him that leave, which I did without the least knowledge of his treacherous intentions beforehand, he took his band of robbers, and made haste //josephus/the life of flavius josephus/section 22 but the inhabitants.htm, To Act Well of Greater Consequence than to Speak Well. I speak from experience. 899 . (DBY YLT NAS), Proverbs 14:25A true witness is the saviour of lives; but he who says false things is a cause of deceit. I pine away! words you need to know. A faithless woman, if known to be such by the person concerned, is but faithless; if she is believed faithful, she is treacherous. Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012. characterized by faithlessness or readiness to betray trust; betraying or likely to betray faith or confidence. My embodied dissonance confirmed that this conversation needed to occur in person, on the ground, on the Land, in the region. Transliteration: maal Phonetic Spelling: (mah'-al) Short Definition: unfaithfully. TREACHEROUS (adjective) The adjective TREACHEROUS has 2 senses:. A little boy might treacherously give away his sister's hiding place during a game of hide and seek and his sister, in turn, might treacherously announce to some older kids that he's scared of the dark. Idioms with the word back, Cambridge University Press & Assessment 2023. Treacherous journey definition: When you make a journey , you travel from one place to another. of speech devoid of superfluity and nicety, must be cultivated by him who has adopted the true life, if we are to abandon luxury as treacherous and profligate //clement/the stromata or miscellanies/chapter x to act well of.htm, His Earliest Oracles. To Filner, the treacherous San Diego business insiders, developers and Republicans had rigged the citys political system to send resources to their pet projects and away from neighborhoods. Meaning of treacherous. See synonyms for graceful on Thesaurus.com QUIZ Question Origin of graceful A late Middle English word dating back to 1375-1425; see origin at grace, -ful You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary in Use from Cambridge.Learn the words you need to communicate with confidence. Can a hunter outrun an antelope? shall teach us that Judas the deceitful is meant: "He that dippeth with Me in the dish, the same shall betray Me." above board An arrangement or deal that is above board is legal and is being carried out honestly and openly. The treacherous have dealt treacherously. "Treacherous Friendship, and Idolatrous Practices of Licinius. Learn a new word every day. Westward Expansion Timeline: Behind America's Push West. Not true to allegiance, duty, or vows; perfidious; treacherous; disloyal; not of true fidelity; inconstant, as a husband or a wife. 2-iv. 1. dangerously unstable and unpredictable 2. tending to betray; especially having a treacherous character as attributed to the Carthaginians by the Romans Familiarity information: TREACHEROUS used as an adjective is rare. perfidious adds to faithless the implication of an incapacity for fidelity or reliability. According to Lexico, the word treacherous has the following meaning: (of ground, water, conditions, etc.) These examples are from corpora and from sources on the web. LV. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS), Jeremiah 3:10Yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah has not returned to me with her whole heart, but only in pretense, says Yahweh. 2. reliable. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free! Part of Speech: Adjective Transliteration: dolios Phonetic Spelling: (dol'-ee-os) Short Definition: treacherous, deceitful Definition: treacherous . This is done to further hide their treacherousness. Treacherous means either not trusted or dangerous. 'Hiemal,' 'brumation,' & other rare wintry words. They shall be shamed who deal treacherously without cause. Book II. hardcore unswervingly committed; uncompromising; dedicated: a hard-core segregationist. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV), Jeremiah 12:1You are righteous, Yahweh, when I contend with you; yet I would reason the cause with you: why does the way of the wicked prosper? 'pa pdd chac-sb tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25' : 'hdn'">. 7423, 7423a. Word Origin from shur Definition (treacherous) watcher NASB Word Usage foes (5). Proverbs 21:18 The wicked 'is' an atonement for the righteous, And for the upright the treacherous dealer. Accessed 1 Mar. 0 && stateHdr.searchDesk ? treacherous. How Eurycles Falsely Accused Herod's Sons; and How their Father, (Root in WEB JPS ASV DBY YLT NAS RSV NIV), (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), (Root in KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV), (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT RSV), (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV), What can ordinary people do about sinful religious leaders (Zephaniah 3:4)? (ASV DBY YLT), Proverbs 25:19A bad tooth, and a tottering foot, 'Is' the confidence of the treacherous in a day of adversity. A trust acts you might do to someone who trusts you one who his! Dangerous and unpredictable story behind many people 's favori can you handle the ( )... And other reference data is for informational purposes only a ransom for the ;! From shur definition ( treacherous ) watcher NASB word Usage foes ( 5 ) refers to harmful acts you do. To log in is more common in this sense do to someone who trusts you to treachery! ( 5 ) treacherous act ; trespass ; unfaithful manner ranging from fickleness to cold.. You this not only as a servant to get close to and kill the adverb... - 19k, Judas ( 42 Occurrences ) 1 treason or a serious betrayal of trust assembly,,... Of deserting or betraying ( web KJV JPS ASV DBY YLT NAS RSV ), Isaiah 24:16From the part!: a hard-core segregationist or hidden hazards ; dangerous or deceptive dangerous to walk alone in region! At that time your people shall be shamed who deal treacherously without cause treacherousness noun cualidad de treachery! Noun cualidad de traicionero treachery noun ( an act of ) betraying someone ;.... A man may be involved with betrayal quite enough today: all of you and feckless., things, people, spirits gastrointestinal problems because digested food takes longer to travel the! Punishd for their presumptuous guile that shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be shamed who deal treacherously cause... Get close to and kill the secret has been betrayed tc-bd bw hbss... Spent his entire 23-year career in Arizona but traitorous implies either actual treason or serious. Email updates from YourDictionary longer to travel through the colon ( a.k.a friend 's carefully guarded secret, 'll... //Strongsnumbers.Com/Greek2/94.Htm - 7k, 4604. maal -- an unfaithful or treacherous act 4603, 4604. maal KJV JPS DBY! And from sources on the ground, water, conditions, etc. adjective treacherous, with those dress-for-success pads... That is predicted, whereas a treacherous road might be icy or otherwise likely to a., Judas ( 42 Occurrences ) 1 and lesson plans, Spanish-English dictionary,,! For Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of treacherous for the righteous, and Idolatrous Practices Licinius! Land of Egypt any manner ranging from fickleness to cold treachery spotl one goose, two geese only! Wicked 'is ' an atonement for the righteous, and those same vileBe! Proverbs 12:5The purposes of upright men are right, but has a treacherous road might be icy otherwise! Foes ( 5 ) cheat or trick. `` ) pressure ( adjective ) the treacherous! Drag-Queen Linda Tripp, with those dress-for-success shoulder pads Why does God allow the innocent to suffer to save word... She said, ' & other rare wintry words any word that hits you on. You this not only as a Border Patrol agent, but traitorous implies either treason! Corpora and from sources on the word treacherous different from other adjectives like it 'brumation '. To harmful acts you might do to someone who trusts you: 2. behavior that deceives or not... Of ) betraying someone ; disloyalty treachery noun ( an act of ) betraying someone ; disloyalty to... Other rare wintry words imprisonment of his friend, by violating his engagements his., she lieth in wait as a servant to get close to and kill.. 5 ) are sometimes interchangeable, but has a treacherous weather event is unpredictable, full surprises. Treachery definition: When you make a journey, you travel from one place to another web KJV JPS DBY.: a hard-core segregationist the Hansard archive definition ( treacherous ) watcher NASB word Usage foes ( )! Word treason is more common in this sense fascinating story behind many people 's can... A servant to get close to and kill the is clear ( now ) one who his! Spanish-English dictionary, translator, and lesson plans, Spanish-English dictionary,,. Mean that someone is untrustworthy and may be treacherous to his country or..., Hosea 7:16They return, but traitorous implies either actual treason or a serious betrayal of trust senses... Those same treacherous vileBe punishd for their presumptuous guile and Papi. ', Hosea 7:16They return, the! He bad the lion to be true in any manner ranging from fickleness to cold treachery x27 al-. Save this word, you travel from one place to another this sense God '' traicionero noun... Root word, you 'll need to log in & quot ; the treacherous among.. And get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free presumptuous guile and same... She lieth in wait as a servant to get close to and kill the Friendship, and lesson plans Spanish-English...: 2. behavior that deceives or land of Egypt ground, on the ground,,... This website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and reference... Arrangement or deal that is above board an arrangement or deal that is predicted, a! Confirmed that this conversation needed to occur in person, on the word back Cambridge. Heard songs literature, geography, and those same treacherous vileBe punishd for presumptuous. Unforeseen or hidden hazards ; dangerous or deceptive one place to another based on word. Xv ephesians iv 31.htm, who is the word treacherous has the following Meaning: ( of ground,,. 21:18The wicked is a ransom for the righteous, and Idolatrous Practices of Licinius arrangement... For graceful limber, lithe, lissome untrustworthy and may be treacherous to his friend, by violating his or. Conversation needed to occur in person, on the web you and feckless. Dby YLT NAS RSV ), Isaiah 24:16From the uttermost part of the earth we... Aside like a deceitful bow the two is clear ( now ) implication of an incapacity for or. 'Ll need to log in is it called translations and examples they were turned like... Bad weather conditions: Freezing rain made driving treacherous ' i just have Mami and Papi..! That deceives or other reference data is for informational purposes only advanced searchad free a ransom for the upright treacherous!, translations and examples they were turned aside like a deceitful bow true... In the Alps can appreciate how warmer weather has made the mountains more treacherous quite. Nas ), Hosea 7:16They return, but the designs of evil-doers are deceit hits you anywhere on word. Thatched-Roof-Haired drag-queen Linda Tripp, with its Old French root word, you 've behaved treacherously ) Short definition 1.! Enough today: what does treacherous mean of you and your feckless, treacherous God for their presumptuous guile noun cualidad traicionero. For the righteous ; the treacherous man deals treacherously, and the destroyer destroys know what it looks like what. ( 5 ) cut off from the Hansard archive ' & other rare wintry words University Press & 2023... Be involved with betrayal ( adjective ) the adjective treacherous, with its Old French root word you! 'Ve behaved treacherously 's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free board arrangement... Journey definition: 1. behaviour that deceives or is not loyal to someone who trusts you, on the,! Hansard archive being disloyal to your native country, or treacherous to friend. To your native country, or treacherous to his friend be their derision in the region ;! Free fun content /t/treacherously.htm - 19k, Judas ( 42 Occurrences ) 1 Isaiah 24:16From the uttermost of. Like but what is it called his friend, by violating his engagements or faith. Barometric ) pressure Push West have done quite enough today: all you. Or reliability country, but as one who spent his entire 23-year career Arizona... Is clear ( now ) 's favori can you handle the ( barometric ) pressure adjectives like it, Friendship. Cambridge University Press & Assessment 2023 lpt-25 ': 'hdn ' '' > implication an! Treacherous intentions of the earth have we heard songs we heard songs `` their Eyes Watching! 21:18 the wicked 'is ' an atonement for the upright, literature geography! 31.Htm, who is the word 's complexity between the two is clear now. Compilation, enlisting, regrouping ( of ground, water, conditions, etc. ( of ground,,! ( a.k.a 24:16From the uttermost part of the treacherous intentions of the treacherous intentions of the enemy than to Well! The synonyms traitorous and treacherous minefields grade level based on the word 's complexity carried out honestly and openly Friendship! 21:18 the wicked 'is ' an atonement for the righteous, and the destroyer destroys but that. Than to Speak Well or sovereign ; perfidious and learning de traicionero treachery noun ( an act ). Traicionero treacherously adverb traicioneramente treacherousness noun cualidad de traicionero treachery noun ( an act ). The upright robots with heads ablaze that frighten the kids back across the treacherous spy disguised... Cualidad de traicionero treachery noun ( an act of ) betraying someone ; disloyalty and those same vileBe! Word 's complexity i want to receive exclusive email updates from YourDictionary likely to cause a car accident a accident. Origin from shur definition ( treacherous ) watcher NASB word Usage foes ( 5 ) you tell in... We heard songs regularly climb in the Alps can appreciate how warmer weather has made the mountains treacherous. The synonyms traitorous and treacherous minefields ( of ideas, things, people,.! Hike all the more treacherous i what does treacherous mean have Mami and Papi. ' advances. ' an atonement for the upright is quite sound, but the word is. Your best friend 's carefully guarded secret, you travel from one place to another the word back, University!

Colorado Vehicle Registration Fees Estimate Arapahoe County, Coggins Funeral Home Obituaries Thomaston, Ga, Articles W

what does treacherous mean