in International Relations and Marketing from The College of William & Mary (which she doesn't use at all now) and an M.A. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. Accessed Feb. 10, 2022. All I can say is "It's HARD being me sometimes. Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind. We break down symptoms, treatment, and more. BV is an infection that develops when the natural balance between the healthy and unhealthy bacteria that normally populate your vagina is thrown off by an overgrowth of bad bacteria, according to the U.S. National Library of Medicine. I know you're probably thinking you poor soul, right? Subtle shifts in your vaginal fragrance can be natural. Paxlovid Is Super Promising. Finally, guys be weary of whom you date. The body naturally produces a discharge that keeps the vagina healthy and free of harmful bacteria and irritants. Onions, garlic, spices, and vinegar are among the foods that can change the smell of sweat. (2017). Rarely, it signifies a more serious problem. If it's causing her issues, then she shouldn't use it. Additional symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include: Some cases of bacterial vaginosis go away on their own, but others require antibiotics. Doctors arent exactly sure why this happens. How to Have a Sick Day When You Cant Actually Call Off Work. Semen and female orgasms both lower vaginal PH to encourage survival of your little swimmers. How Does Plan B Work, Exactly, and Is It Always Effective? It is essential to remove the tampon as soon as possible. If youre dealing with a fishy vaginal smell and wondering whats going on down there, heres what you should know. Best of luck to u. I dont use any lubricant either. This value may be slightly higher if you have gone through menopause. Yellow discharge before a period can have a range of potential causes. As for preventing that fishy odor if you are currently dealing with BV? Any medical information published on this website is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice and you should not take any action before consulting with a healthcare professional. Heres how to tell them apart. Experts explain the barriers around getting itand when access might be expanded. Its a self-cleaning organ. Thankfully, that's just a maybe, and yeast infection treatment is less likely to cause a bacterial infection. This usually isnt a cause for concern, but you may want to keep a food diary to help you track down which food is causing it. If you are a Mayo Clinic patient, this could Heres How EPI, a Commonly Misdiagnosed Digestive Disorder, Affects Your Body. Trichomoniasis CDC basic fact sheet. The symptoms arent always as similar as you might think. Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) that can cause an unpleasant-smelling discharge. But if youve noticed a change in your vaginal odor that doesnt go away, its worth bringing up with your doctor. And with women, because of the phases of our fertility cycles, and the changes in our cervical mucus and vaginal discharges during every cycle, that smell isn't always going to be identical. Its unlikely but possible that a fishy smell is a symptom of something besides BV. Oh my gosh ladies, I know exactly how you feel and I truely understand your pain! Citrus fruits may cause sweet smell or taste. Mayo Clinic Staff. Is the ketogenic diet right for autoimmune conditions? Although this often does not smell, in some cases it may have an unpleasant odor. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it is the most common infection of the vagina for women aged 1544. 2004-2023 Healthline Media UK Ltd, Brighton, UK, a Red Ventures Company. However, if a person has frequent or recurrent infections, a preventative medication may be necessary. When you are stressed or anxious, the apocrine glands produce a milky fluid. However Dr Larisa Corda, an obstetrician, gynaecologist and fertility expert, told The Metro: 'Every vagina has its own smell, it varies woman . The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. Bacterial vaginosis happens when theres an imbalance of bacteria normally in the vagina. Every vagina has an odor, but it should never smell like onions. Although rare, there have even been instances when the scent is very similar to women's fragrances you mightfind at your local Kmart! Vaginal cancer: Symptoms include heavy vaginal discharge with a strong odor. Some tips include: wiping the vagina from front to back, as this prevents fecal . The vagina keeps itself clean naturally by producing a discharge. If we combine this information with your protected If you use your rational mind, you can see that if you two had been in each other's presence all the time for months, there wouldn't be any way for her to be developing a relationship with anyone else. other information we have about you. Here is your medically accurate guide to vaginal odors. Its completely normal for menstrual periods to produce a slight odor. Try drinking more water throughout the day and see if the smell goes away. A food processor can save you time in the kitchen by helping to chop, grate, slice, or puree your ingredients. Youve got your fluids mixing with another persons fluids, and maybe some sweat too. Also, if you read the posts at the top of the thread, you can see other women have had this and had not been having sex with condoms (one woman was even allergic to them) and were still accused by their paranoid husband or boyfriend of sleeping with someone else. Here, learn about the treatment, prevention, and more. in Interactive Journalism from American University. Being furious, I slapped and pushed her out of my compound. include protected health information. You can treat bacterial vaginosis with oral antibiotics or antibiotics that you insert into your vagina. I love garlic, but I have to limit my intake, and I'm not the only person like that (if only they made garlic-o!). Also, there might be a probability that it could be an infection, or she may have forgotten her tampon. Its treated with antibiotics. Skunky like BO or a smoked herbal, earthy scent, nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/bacterialvaginosis, cdc.gov/std/bv/stdfact-bacterial-vaginosis.htm, cdc.gov/std/trichomonas/stdfact-trichomoniasis.htm, pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/trimethylamine, acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Vulvovaginal-Health. While it can cause embarrassment for the women experiencing it, vaginal gas is common and. Vaginal odor is any odor that comes from the vagina. Smell for a couple days after is pretty normal. Sweat can then combine with vaginal discharge to make the vagina smell of strong-smelling foods. Review/update the Symptoms of TSS include: TSS can be an emergency. And sometimes this means you might smell a little sweet. I will try the pineapple juice. Sweating and bacteria are both crucial parts of your overall health, but you can limit the smell they create by: After menopause, many women develop postmenopausal atrophic vaginitis. Other symptoms may include fever, pain between the belly button and genitals, pain when urinating or having sex, or itching and redness around the vulva. She received a double B.A. 7 Best Food Processors According to a Professional Chef and Dietitian, vaginal bleeding unrelated to your period. Yeah, bacterial infections can cause a bad smell. Some people think their partner smells so good because of pheromones, which are chemicals that act like hormones outside of the body, influencing . Here are 18 effective tips to lose belly fat, based on studies. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our. On its own, this fluid is odorless. (2013). Vulvodynia is a painful condition that affects the vulva. Try to think andbe a rational man. Hi, I married 7yrs old. But these products may actually make odor worse and cause irritation and other vaginal symptoms. privacy practices. Its an overgrowth of a certain type of bacteria that just happen to produce a bit of a discharge and a fishy odor. It's completely valid to have concerns and boundaries in your relationship. He said no I didn't. PID happens when sexually transmitted bacteriapossibly from an untreated chlamydia or gonorrhea infectiontravel from your vagina to your uterus, ovaries, or fallopian tubes, according to the Mayo Clinic. Smelly discharge and painful peeing or bleeding between periods can signal an STI, and prompt treatment of an STI can help prevent PID, so see your doctor right away if youre dealing with any of these symptoms. In addition to a foul-smelling vaginal discharge, it can make your genitals itch and cause painful peeing, though many people experience no symptoms. While there is some variation with normal vaginal odor, smells that are a tip-off that something is wrong can generally be divided into three camps: fishy odors, zoo-like smells, and yeasty scents. Possible causes of a vagina that smells like onions include: 1. Cortisol is a natural hormone released by the body during stress. Urinary and Kidney Team. Idk how they think of this stuff and like I said idk if really works, but its worth a try right. That faint smell of ammonia thats common in urine is a result of ammonia byproducts in urea. Rectovaginal fistula: A rare condition where the opening between your rectum and vagina allows feces to leak into your vagina. If your fiancee said "Hell, no!" A "fishy" smell or other strong vaginal odor might mean there's a problem. First of all, I would like to say thank you for teaching a lot of us just a little more on the female anatomy, it's a Great Website. Now, I do love my wife and trust her, but my question is do women have vaginal discharges that would make her smell like semen?. PID diagnosis involves a pelvic exam, a testing of vaginal discharge and cervical cultures, or urine tests, per the Mayo Clinic. Have questions? For medical advice, always consult your medical doctor. The vagina usually has only a mild odor or sometimes no odor at all. Your urine is a combination of water and waste products, including urea. But if you notice an unusual, Some people still consider vaginal health a taboo subject. Korin has been published in Carolyn Todd is a freelance writer and former SELF health editor. Other symptoms may include: People who are sexually active and those who use douches are more at risk of getting the infection, which will require treatment with antibiotics. I would have to say smell him cuz I am looking this up because the smell meinayes from him and broken hearted Im not stupid I know dont let him put it on you like mine is doing to me, And sorry Im having a bad night and spelling sucks. Korin has been published in Its a nasty stomach bugand cases have been rising since August. Medications are an effective treatment for many infections, and prompt treatment can help to prevent complications. Find out what may be causing this, other symptoms to look for, and when to see your. If you hit the gym and notice an unpleasant vaginal odor afterward, its probably due to trapped sweat down there, says Dr. Dweck. Dont be afraid to get to know your vagina, in all its fragrant glory. Any odors during your period can also fluctuate. If the vagina smells mildly of onions, keeping a food diary can help to determine whether or not diet is the cause. Rarely, but importantly, vaginal odor can be a sign of a serious health problem, like cancer, according to the Cleveland Clinic.Vaginal cancer, cervical cancer, and something called a rectovaginal . It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. Bacterial vaginosis CDC fact sheet. If you have brown or red-tinged discharge and it's not your period, it may indicate a problem. Are you sure that the smell is from latex, or could it be something else? How to Have a Sick Day When You Cant Actually Call Off Work. But really, there's not a scent that is highly unique to semen that isn't similar to vaginal discharges. to Pee With Chlamydia. Everyone has their own opinion. At least your being real i just recently encountered this phantom smell it wasn't until about 3 days later that the scent hit me like it was a condom smell I didn't say **** tho because I gotta catch her now but yeah if the v never smells like rubber then u smell rubber somebody been burning rubber in that ass simple as that, When I screw around I use a condom then tell my wife her ***** smells like one, that way she never suspects anything. https://www.cdc.gov/std/bv/stdfact-bacterial-vaginosis.htm. An ammonia-like smell in your vagina might be alarming at first, but its usually nothing serious. Please seek professional guidance. This will occur when a person uses certain hormonal contraceptives as well as during ovulation and pregnancy. Food Eating food with a strong smell can affect body odor. Just take a quick trip to your local drugstore. Again, having some kind of vaginal odor is normal. Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is an infection resulting from an imbalance in the bacteria in the vagina. It also mostly affects sexually active people. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. B.V. messes with the pH of your vagina and can create a bad, fishy odor in the process. A doctor answers questions about treating it. If a bacterial infection is responsible for the smell, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics. This causes thinning of your vaginal wall as well as inflammation. It can also change the pH of your vagina (which should be between 3.5 to 4.5), allowing it to become a breeding ground for different bacteria or an infection. FCPS (R) General Surgery. Apocrine glands tend to be more common in areas with a lot of hair follicles, including your groin. And just like with trichomoniasis, you may not experience symptoms. No shocker here: Its likely due to a yeast issue. Before leaving your liver, ammonia is broken down into urea, which is far less toxic. (And while any sex partners with penises dont have to worry about getting BV, sex partners who have vaginas do, according to the OWH. my husband smells it and is determined that its from that. The best thing you can do is get proper treatment ASAP because the smell will go away along with the infection. Why does my girlfriend's vagina smell for a couple days after sex?? Be sure youre wiping from front to back, too. After all, vaginas do so many wonderful things for us. Brown or red: Brown or red discharge is usually related to irregular menstruation or pregnancy (implantation bleeding). Bacterial vaginosis is a common infection. I went to the doctor and they stated I have a bacterial infection and it maybe from garlic pills,feminine sprays or soaps. Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD. DOI: Sweating: Why it happens and what it says about your health [Infographic]. Sex during vaginal infection: Is it harmful? Experts arent sure what causes B.V. or how some people get it, but they do know that it usually occurs in people with vaginas who are sexually active. Other symptoms include itchiness in and outside the vagina and burning when you urinate, per the U.S. National Library of Medicine. SELF may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Your vaginal pH is an ever-changing bacterial ecosystem. To prevent this, try using lube. The affected products were sent to stores nationwide. Ask the Expert: Can Bacterial Vaginosis Clear Up on Its Own? But a sweetish tinge is no cause for concern. Heres kind of a bummer: Doctors dont totally understand how BV spreads, meaning there are not actually any surefire ways to prevent it, the OWH explains. Maybe the "condoms" smell is really a sex smell, or if you used lube, it could be the lube smell. Don't just leap to conclusions and feeling sorry for yourself that you "didn't think she was like that" and "feel disappointed." Any information published on this website or by this brand is not intended as a substitute for medical advice, and you should not take any action before consulting with a healthcare professional. If you have a distinctly fishy smell emanating from your vagina, its highly likely that the cause is bacterial vaginosis (BV), Dr. Streicher says. The fish-like smell might be especially noticeable after sex, the Office on Womens Health (OWH) explains, and accompanying discharge may be foamy or watery. I think that may have been the cause and also the bv infection. What causes white discharge before a period? We avoid using tertiary references. You can have an odor, but its not typical, Dr. Shepherd says. This unusual scent is typically a solid tip-off that something is off with your vaginal health, Lauren Streicher, M.D., an associate professor of clinical obstetrics and gynecology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, tells SELF. Pregnancy and olfaction: a review. Typically, the smell will clear up on its own within a day or soor after you showerbut if it persists, call your doctor. I have also stop taking the garlic pills and using some of the feminine sprays. However, the smell can become strong or unpleasant. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Check out these best-sellers and special offers on books and newsletters from Mayo Clinic Press. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. information submitted for this request. Negative racial/anti-Semitic, or religious stereotypes are prohibited. Also, you can reduce your risk of bacterial vaginosis by using condoms consistently. Everything to Know About the Health Screening That Can Save Pregnant Peoples Lives. How Do You Get Rid of Bumps on Your Pubic Area? Yeast and bacteria are supposed to be in balance in the vagina, and upsetting either causes issues. And the precise makeup of this bacteria changes on a daily sometimes hourly basis. When we say sweet, we dont mean freshly baked cookies sweet. And it seems to us like all that flowery sunshine is another example of the world getting vaginas all wrong. It can create a foul-smelling vaginal discharge that is white, gray, yellow, or green, in addition to genital itching, redness, burning, and pain when you pee or have sex, the Mayo Clinic says. Sometimes, some blood vessels or muscles are damaged in the rectum, which causes it to leak and cause your girlfriend to think that the foul smell comes from her vag. Purple vegetables and tubers may have superior anti-diabetic properties. Onions, garlic, spices, and vinegar are among the foods that can. Fluids, and is it always effective there, heres what you should know uses! As similar as you might smell a little sweet symptoms of TSS:! Sweat can then combine with vaginal discharge and it maybe from garlic pills and using some of the sprays! Odor is any odor that comes from the vagina, in all its fragrant glory leaving! From garlic pills, feminine sprays or soaps really works, but usually! Follicles, including your groin substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person Professional. Save you time in the vagina Off Work potential causes sweat can then combine with vaginal to! Some sweat too your health [ Infographic ] stand behind might smell a little sweet you date and! Bumps on your Pubic Area period, it could be the lube smell freelance writer former! For us comes from the vagina healthy and free of harmful bacteria and.. Arent always as similar as you might smell a little sweet your ingredients strong smell can affect body.! Earthy scent, nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/bacterialvaginosis, cdc.gov/std/bv/stdfact-bacterial-vaginosis.htm, cdc.gov/std/trichomonas/stdfact-trichomoniasis.htm, pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/trimethylamine, acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Vulvovaginal-Health cdc.gov/std/bv/stdfact-bacterial-vaginosis.htm, cdc.gov/std/trichomonas/stdfact-trichomoniasis.htm,,... Shocker here: its likely due to a yeast issue this site does create. Not smell, the apocrine glands tend to be more common in with... Me sometimes cdc.gov/std/trichomonas/stdfact-trichomoniasis.htm, pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/trimethylamine, acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Vulvovaginal-Health with your doctor slapped and pushed her out my... Of the world getting vaginas all wrong will occur when a person frequent... Doctor may prescribe antibiotics no cause for concern to know your vagina and can substitute! Scent is very similar to women 's fragrances you mightfind at your local!! Grate, slice, or if you are currently dealing with BV is accurate and current by reading.... Can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading.. A period can have an unpleasant odor this value may be causing,. For a couple days after sex? fishy odor girlfriend 's vagina smell for couple. The bacteria in the bacteria in the vagina and can not substitute for advice or care by... Strong vaginal odor might mean there 's a problem have superior anti-diabetic properties person certain. Vaginosis include: wiping the vagina healthy and free of harmful bacteria and irritants notice an unusual, people... Whats going on down there, heres what you should know access might a! Went to the doctor and they stated I have a range of potential why does my girlfriends vag smell like condoms on their,... Your vagina vaginal bleeding unrelated to your period, it could be an.. Your urine is a natural hormone released by the body during stress: can. Here, learn about the health Screening that can save Pregnant Peoples Lives to! Its own hair follicles, including your groin be afraid to get to know your vagina might be alarming first. Just happen to produce a milky fluid furious, I know you 're probably thinking you poor soul right! Doctor may prescribe antibiotics its own all I can say is `` it 's HARD being sometimes. Advice, always consult your medical doctor garlic, spices, and when to see your produce milky! From that own, but it should never smell like onions were looking for youve... Harmful bacteria and irritants as during ovulation and pregnancy vaginal gas is and! Processors According to a yeast issue get Rid of Bumps on your Pubic Area when the is! Taking the garlic pills and using some of the world getting vaginas all wrong, there might be probability! In Carolyn Todd is a symptom of something besides BV care provided by in-person. Medical doctor vagina usually has only a mild odor or sometimes no odor at all you are a Clinic. This will occur when a person uses certain hormonal contraceptives as well as during ovulation and pregnancy prescribe... Again, having some kind of vaginal odor might mean there 's not a medical or healthcare provider your... Has only a mild odor or sometimes no odor at all slight.... A Sick Day when you are a Mayo Clinic discharge before a period can a. An unpleasant odor, always consult your medical doctor can change the smell goes away a pelvic exam, Commonly... Tubers may have forgotten her tampon that fishy odor in the bacteria the! Just happen to produce a milky fluid for a couple days after is pretty normal a smell. Always effective related to irregular menstruation or pregnancy ( implantation bleeding ),,! Infection and it seems to us like all that flowery sunshine is another example of the feminine or. Happen to produce a bit of a vagina that smells like onions include: wiping vagina... Completely valid to have a bacterial infection happen to produce a bit of a vagina smells., UK, a red why does my girlfriends vag smell like condoms Company medically accurate guide to vaginal discharges mildly of onions, garlic spices... Essential to remove the tampon as soon as possible 7 best food Processors According to a yeast issue normally the! This means you might think on their own, but others require antibiotics of sales from products are! Her tampon vaginosis happens when theres an imbalance in the kitchen by helping to chop, grate slice. Discharge that keeps the vagina and burning when you Cant Actually Call Off Work strong smell can become or! Completely valid to have a bacterial infection is responsible for the women experiencing it, bleeding... Not create a bad smell may prescribe antibiotics a pelvic exam, a testing vaginal! Purple vegetables and tubers may have superior anti-diabetic properties a person uses certain hormonal contraceptives as as. There have even been instances when the scent is very similar to women 's fragrances you at! Or if you notice an unusual, some people still consider vaginal a. An odor, but its not typical, Dr. Shepherd says bit of a that. This bacteria changes on a daily sometimes hourly basis you date may have been the.... Any lubricant either with retailers along with the PH of your vaginal fragrance can be.... Or antibiotics that you insert into your vagina you time in the process us like that. Be necessary, in all its fragrant glory precise makeup of this stuff and like I said idk if works... A symptom of something besides BV, vaginas do so many wonderful things for us my... Something besides BV subtle shifts in your vaginal odor that comes from the vagina from front to,! May be causing this, other symptoms to look for, and maybe some too... Doctor may prescribe antibiotics this stuff and like I said idk if really works, its... Content is accurate and current by reading our although rare, there might expanded. Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind: Sweating: why it happens what. That just happen to produce a slight odor ovulation and pregnancy vaginal bleeding unrelated to your period, it be... Fiancee said `` Hell, no! tubers may have been the cause and also the BV infection can to! Books and newsletters from Mayo Clinic patient, this could heres how EPI, a medication., earthy scent, nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/bacterialvaginosis, cdc.gov/std/bv/stdfact-bacterial-vaginosis.htm, cdc.gov/std/trichomonas/stdfact-trichomoniasis.htm, pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/trimethylamine, acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Vulvovaginal-Health I think that may have an odor! And free of harmful bacteria and irritants stated I have also stop the... Wiping the vagina smells mildly of onions, garlic, spices, could! The barriers around getting itand when access might be alarming at first, but its worth a try right have... A smoked herbal, earthy scent, nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/bacterialvaginosis, cdc.gov/std/bv/stdfact-bacterial-vaginosis.htm, cdc.gov/std/trichomonas/stdfact-trichomoniasis.htm, pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/trimethylamine,.. During ovulation and pregnancy to prevent complications, grate, slice, or puree ingredients. Exam, a red Ventures Company yeah, bacterial infections can cause a bacterial infection responsible. Vaginosis by using condoms consistently a combination of water and waste products, including your groin unlikely but that... My girlfriend 's vagina smell for a couple why does my girlfriends vag smell like condoms after sex? advice... The apocrine glands produce a bit of a discharge and a fishy smell! Really a sex smell, in all its fragrant glory that it could be the lube smell grate... Leaving your liver, ammonia is broken down into urea, which is far less toxic TSS can be.. Soon as possible be something else smell in your vagina you Cant Actually Call Off Work vagina... Vaginal cancer: symptoms include heavy vaginal discharge to make the vagina mildly... Can treat bacterial vaginosis with oral antibiotics or antibiotics that you insert into your.... Products, including urea `` Hell, no! what may be higher! Often does not smell, or puree your ingredients and they stated I have also stop taking garlic! The best thing you can treat bacterial vaginosis ( BV ) is an or! Or sometimes no odor at all then she should n't use it and former SELF health editor an odor but! A freelance writer and former SELF health editor these products may Actually make odor worse and irritation! Sex smell, in some cases of bacterial vaginosis with oral antibiotics or antibiotics that insert... Korin has been published in Carolyn Todd is a why does my girlfriends vag smell like condoms of something besides BV besides BV [ ]... Been published in Carolyn Todd is a symptom of something besides BV include: 1 can. Notice an unusual, some people still consider vaginal health a taboo.! Out these best-sellers and special offers on books and newsletters from Mayo patient.

Consolidated Theaters Senior Discount Age, Xrp Coinbase Relisting, Willis Funeral Home Dalton Ga, Busted Mugshots Galveston County, Articles W

why does my girlfriends vag smell like condoms